Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Look out Betty Crocker!

Let me first say this, I have never been much for cooking. I can follow a recipe, but it's not something I really enjoy. Eating is a necessity, I love to eat good food, I just like it better when somebody else makes it! Anyways, I got brave today and tried cooking some new and nutritious items! Yes, I was feeling brave!

The first new thing I tried was using a rice cooker. We got one from our wedding and it has sat in the garage for the last 8 1/2 years collecting dust. Tonight was the first time I ever opened the box! I made some tasty brown rice in that thinga-ma-jigga! It was even easy! Just takes longer....I'll definitely do it again!

The next one will come as a big shock to any of you who know me....I actually bought AND made asparagus! AND I ate it and LIKED it!!!!! Yes everyone, get out your sleds and snowboards, Hell has frozen over!

This was such a big event in my life. Last year I cooked the Thanksgiving turkey, and now I'm cooking new and healthy foods on a regular basis. Dottie and my mommy will be so proud of me!

4 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

I think soon now you will start plumping up like all the cooking ladies. Ha ha. Asparagus makes your pee a weird color and it smells more weird too.....just an FYI for later for you.
good job now you can bring my house dinner since I am sick of cooking and I used to like it.

Dottie said...

I am more proud than you will ever know!

Hernandez Family said...

You will have to tell me how you cooked your asparagus!

RRWhicker said...

Good for you! I used to be scared of asparagus, but Ron and I love it now.